This policy explains the cookies that may be set as a result of visiting this web site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but within your web browser you can choose to accept or decline cookies for any web site. You can usually modify your browser settings to decline all cookies if you prefer, or accept or decline on a case-by-case basis. The Information Commissioner's Office Advice for Members of the Public tells you how to control cookies. Bear in mind that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of websites.
- More information about cookies - http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Information Commissioner's Office Advice for Members of the Public - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies.aspx
The cookies used on this site are there to:
- support your browsing session and improve the usability of the website.
- measure how you use the website (using Google Analytics) so we can improve it.
Your browsing session
To support your browsing session, and improve the usability of the website, several cookies may be set. These cookies do not collect personal information.
This site runs Google Analytics, which uses several cookies for tracking visitors to the site.
- These cookies store information about what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
- No data specific to any identifiable user is retained, and we do not share our data with any other Google services.
- With the values gained from these cookies Google Analytics can interpret journeys through our website content, give us information about how people use our site and so present an opportunity to improve it.
- Google Analytics information about privacy and cookies may be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html and https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
- As a user you may opt out of the process Google Analytics uses to collect traffic log data (should your web browser be compatible). Google provides a browser add-on that enables a user to opt out of receiving Google Analytics cookies - http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
Access to personal data
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the 'Data Controller' for the processing of data collected by this site is the University of Cambridge, and the point of contact for subject access requests is the University Data Protection Officer (The Old Schools, Trinity Lane, Cambridge CB2 1TN, tel. 01223 332320, fax 01223 332332 E-mail: email@example.com).
The University is also Data Controller in respect of any personal data served as content by this site.